Frequently Asked questions
The Food Bank is located at The Salvation Army – 710 McQuay Blvd. in Whitby. North Door Entrance
The Food Bank will be open on Monday and Wednesday only from 9:00 am-11:30 am and 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm.
- Identification for everyone in your household.
- Proof of current address. (Must be a resident of Whitby)
- Proof of rent and income may be required.
- Grocery Bags
Why not consider doing a “Food Drive” in your neighborhood, School or Church.
Click on the “Donate Here” Link below to make a secure Monetary Donation – or – Text “FOOD” to 289-816-3454 to make a donation!
The Food Bank is always in need of the following items:
Food Bank Donations can be made at the North Entrance of 710 McQuay Blvd in Whitby between 8:00am and 3:00pm Monday to Friday. Ring the Door Bell and someone will assist you.
Food Donations can also be made at the following Whitby locations:
Donation Bins located at…
No Frills @ Dundas West
No Frills @ Garden Street
No Frills @ Thickson Road
FreshCo @ Brooklyn
FreshCo @ Brock Street
FreshCo @ Dundas East
Metro @ Taunton/Thickson
Metro @ Thickson South
Metro @ Victoria Street
Super Store Brock North
The Programs that are offered though the Food Bank Are:
- Spiritual and Pastoral Care
- Food Security for Families and Individuals. (Fresh Produce and Frozen Meats when available)
- Christmas Assistance – (Food Hampers & Toys)
- Children’s Snack Program
- Summer Camp
- Community Garden
- Income Tax Assistance
- Hygiene/Toiletry and Cleaning Kits for Families (When Available)
- Thrift Store Vouchers
- Community Take Out Lunch (4th Tuesday of every month)
- Back to School Backpacks (On Referral, When Available)
We rely on hundreds of volunteers annually to help us continue giving HOPE to friends in need in our community. To volunteer please click the Volunteer Application below.
Click below for more information on The Pathway of Hope.
Food Bank Programs
The Salvation Army Food Bank exists to provide a safe place for those in the Whitby and Brooklin communities to access emergency food and other assistance, and engage in the many programs and services offered.
For more information, including partnerships and donations, please call our Community and Family Services office at:
905-430-3454 or email: Donette.Percy@salvationarmy.ca
All Community and Family Services programs currently operate from 710 McQuay Blvd. Whitby, Ontario L1P 1R3